Semester 2017 - 2018 ( 1 )
Dr. Nawal Bakir
Provides students with an understanding of the structure and function of the human body, with emphasis on the underlying physiological and biochemical concepts. It includes an overview of the basic cells and tissues, their components and functions and their role in regulation of body homeostasis. Endocrine system, details of the urinary, the digestive system and process of digestion, sexual reproduction, fertilization, pregnancy and parturition are also covered .
The laboratory includes examining human body models, physiology exercises and experiments, and examination of microscopic slides of relevance, such as the blood and certain other tissues.
It also includes computer simulation for all experiments, beside the wet lab traditional exercises.
- The Study of Body Function
- Chemical Composition of the Body
- Cell Structure and Genetic Control
- Enzymes and Energy
- Cell Respiration and Metabolism
- Interactions Between Cells and the Extracellular Environment
- Endocrine Glands: Secretion and Action of Hormones
- Physiology of the Kidneys
- The Digestive System
- Regulation and Metabolism